Legend of the Guardian of Ga'Hoole - Maybe (parents please read)

No Spoilers...

First of all I realize that this is an animated movie - but I highly doubt it is the type to keep your children occupied. Fair warning. Also it is rather odd to watch a movie that is animated but also realistic enough that they appear to be real owls and they fight each other and what not... kind of weird especially for kids.


**edit: after writing this review I had people tell me their kids loved it while others agreed it looked like crap SO I thought I should say MAYBE your kids will like it - just to keep it fair! :) **

I found the plot to be exceptionally far fetched (not that Shrek and Up and others aren't but this was just different-hard to explain). I just find a plot about owls in a war for power as a bit odd.

I'm giving this a Maybe and not a don't bother because I didn't HATE it I just thought it was rather boring but if you like owls LOL maybe you should check it out ;)

There is a part of the movie where they even wield swords against each other (holding on to them with their claws) and sport armor which includes metal claws. Kind of odd yet again.

This is not to say that there were no amusing aspects because there were but all in all I'd say choose another animated film - for instance Shrek forever after, Up, Despicable Me, or Toy Story 3 - they will all be enjoyed by everyone... this one I say... save your money.

If you choose to watch this remember.... you have been warned :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment