Secretariat -- WATCH IT!

No spoilers.....

Rotten Tomatoes gave this movie a 64% fresh

I have wanted to see this movie for awhile because I really like Diane Lane. I have to say that I was wary of it as I HATED the movie Seabiscuit with a passion! But THIS movie was great. There were not mass amounts of boring segments of one horse running and what not. It has a great plot and great actors. I also have loved John Malcovich ever since I saw Mary Reilly (if you have not seen it check it out he is Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde and Julis Roberts is his maid - GREAT movie) and he was great in this movie too!

While I am in no means a crazy feminist I did love that the owner was a woman and no one thought she was any kind of threat to them. That was great to watch a woman in a movie (based on history) that is set in the 70's be so stubborn and in people's faces! I think that was a fantastic thing to have in a movie. Mind you it was in no way the subject of the movie it was a nice subtle side plot to an already great film.

Check it out and.....ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment